PALS Online HeartCode is the most high tech, official American Heart Association (AHA) Self-Directed Comprehensive eLearning Program option for recognizing and preventing cardiopulmonary arrest in infants and children. PALS Online HeartCode allows students to take the PALS course on a computer, instead of attending a traditional, classroom based course. PALS Online HeartCode uses simulation technology and scenario-based learning, that in studies has been shown to be very effective. This consists of:
- The ability to choose content based upon experience level: core, intermediate, or advanced.
- Treating 12 infant and child patient scenarios online by simulating various interventions such as starting IVs, hooking clients up to the monitor, asking clients questions and giving appropriate medications. The virtual patients react to treatment provided, right or wrong, allowing users to learn from their errors.
- After completing the patient scenarios, learners receive detailed debriefings of their actions with suggestions for improvement.
- Skills completed at our facility, performed by an AHA PALS instructor, focus onactual hands on testing of skills performed during the simulation practice.
The program also includes the complete PALS textbook online, so there is no need to purchase that separately. You will have access to this material, including the textbook, for two years. This is AHA accredited and you will receive the same Course Completion Card after completing your skills as you would from taking a traditional class.
There are THREE parts to the HeartCode® PALS certification :
Part 1 at your home or office: Online simulation and written test completion (+/- 10 hours)
Part 2 & 3 at one of our regularly scheduled classes: Part 2 - Hands-on practice. Part 3 - skills testing (30 minutes total)
2-Year Certificaton: $185
- This is an American Heart Association course
- You will receive your certification card at the Skills Session.
- Your card will be identical to the classroom-based PALS card
The date/time listed is the date and time for your Skills Session (Part 2 & 3)
- Thursday, January 29, 2015 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM (7 seats left)
- Thursday, February 12, 2015 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM (8 seats left)
- Saturday, March 21, 2015 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM (8 seats left)
- Thursday, April 23, 2015 from 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM (8 seats left)